Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Angels and Demons



Title- Angels and Demons

Author- Dan Brown
Rating- 4/5
Comments- My mother has always told me this. There are three things one should never talk about in the company of those who they do not deem "close". Religion. Politics. People. And most of the time, talking about any of the three topics can result very badly. I don't mean to say that it does this every time, but the vast majority of these occasions do not end well. 


So I was quite in shock to find how neutral Dan Brown had managed to convey most of the religious aspects in Angels and Demons. Alright, it is fiction, therefore the content of the book can all be labeled as completely untrue, but there were moments in the story where Dan Brown seemed to formulate completely the ideas that people have tried to convey for years. There was a particular moment in the story that spanned several pages, of an explanation of the boundaries between science and religion that I found so well-put that it amazed me terribly.


But now, you might be thinking that this book is stuffed only with religion. And what makes it so fabulous is that it isn't. Brown somehow managed to take the tough-to-mix ingredients and combined into a perfect story: history, religion, action, mystery, and of course, with a twist at the very end. All formulated into this fantastic adventure with a tempo so fast that makes it nearly impossible to put the book down. 


A well-thought out plot that was satisfying to read, especially with all the historical knowledge and geography that I managed to pick up on the way. Of course, I'm sure not all the information is completely reliable, but it has been used in an appropriate way to make a very believable story. Next up of Brown's book is the DaVinci code and I won't deny that I'm excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment