Wednesday, June 22, 2011

The Hunger Games Trilogy



Title- The Hunger Games, Catching Fire, Mockingjay
Author- Suzanne Collins
Rating- 4.5/5
Comments- For the last two months or so my sister has been constantly nagging at me to "Hurry up and read the Hunger Games." and I've watched her wait impatiently to get her hands on the two sequels. At the same time, my friends have been discussing the cast of the upcoming movie version. And simultaneously, most of the world has been raving about it. So obviously, I wanted to see what this was all about.

Wow. It grabs you and doesn't let go. And it is just so addictive! I just burned my way through the series, and I couldn't get enough until I hit the end.


The story is set around a girl named Katniss, living in a post-apocalyptic society. At the drawing of contestants for an annual competition known as "The Hunger Games" she becomes one of the players in this "game" that the government has produced for entertainment. The game involves 24 contestants, with one male and one female from each of the 12 districts making up their world, where the players compete in survival by killing off other contestants. The last person living becomes the winner. 


It's through this game that Suzanne Collins displays the idea of a totalitarian society with a government that is completely unwilling to allow citizens to have any say in their society. This builds up into the rebellion of the citizens, making this an adventure you do not want to stop following.


I'll only say one thing more- read them!

No comments:

Post a Comment