Thursday, February 3, 2011

7 Billion

7 billion. People. On earth. 
Isn't it scary?
7 billion hearts beating.
7 billion brains thinking.
7 billion individuals on this planet.
I find it hard to believe.

In the January 2011 issue of the National Geographic (which I will admit I subscribe to, and I will also inform you that it is a very good magazine which I highly recommend!), they included a special article about population and about how there are almost 7 billion people living, right now, on this massive green and blue ball that we call home. Unfortunately, I haven't had time to read it yet, since it only just arrived a few days ago due to some delivery difficulties. (Funnily enough, the February issue arrived earlier than the January issue!) But I am expecting it to be great, so I can't wait to curl up in bed soon and have a nice thorough read of it.

They also included a very simple page, which I have photocopied and posted below, of some facts about if the world were to meet up and have a gigantic party together. Could you imagine that? I would definitely go! Anyway, I thought it was very creative of them to put together these fun facts that one wouldn't usually really think about. Personally I find it really fascinating, so I wanted to share it with others. 
Oh, and please excuse the imperfect scanning, I was in a hurry.

By the way! The National Geographic website is pretty brilliant. Do take a look!



No comments:

Post a Comment