Monday, February 21, 2011

Feeling Somewhat Lost

I would like to pardon the abrupt and continued absence from my blog. It feels as though I've been shot in the head as I feel I can't string one creative thought with the other. So many thoughts and so little results. Oh well, at least I can be comforted by the greatness of other people's amazing work.
Like Shakespeare.
I read A Midsummer Night's Dream the other day. I have now come to the conclusion that Shakespeare uses the most amazing metaphors I have encountered in my short life.
Oh, and I've found my favorite line. It was spoken by Demetrius when he declared his love for Helena.
"Now I do wish it, love it, long for it, and will for evermore be true to it."
Sigh. I think I just melted. I'm such a hopeless romantic.
He's also quite funny too. I wasn't really expecting that. 
Oh, writer's block go away. For I do detest thee and am now in desperate need of a cure.
I think I might start watching the never-ending Pride and Prejudice series done by BBC this weekend. Beautiful language spoken in British accents is like music to my ears. And Colin Firth is my idol. Or perhaps I'll watch Singin' in the Rain. And wonder where all the amazing actors, dancers and singers like Gene Kelly have disappeared to. It's such a shame that the movie industry isn't at all like it was before. 
Enough of this pointless writing. Hopefully I'll be cured soon. I can't stand this anymore. I am now going to begin to listen to the Beatles in hopes of a sudden spark of inspiration.
Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment