Sunday, February 6, 2011

Promise Me

Title- Promise Me
Author- Harlan Coben
Rating- 3/5
Comments- One thing that I've found with Harlen Coben's books (at least, the ones that I have read, Promise Me and Caught) they do not follow the typically expected plot, where the murderers are insane hoodlums shooting their guns left, right and centre. Instead, the plots are well-thought out and creat much more realistic scenarios. I guess I was a tad disappointed at first, that this didn't follow the ordinary, but I think Coben's ideas for plots has started to grow on me and I admire the set-up for his books, especially that he seems to be able twist every ending and allow many unexpected things.
I would give a teaser of the plot, but I have a feeling I might give the ending away, as can often be the case with crime novels, so I won't risk it.
I have not yet read any of the works of the renowned Agatha Christie and I don't read that many crime novels so I don't have much to compare with, but I can say that this was an exciting read. So exciting, in fact, that I ended up getting on the wrong train today and didn't realize for about ten minutes! But that's a different story... ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment