Sunday, January 30, 2011

Comforts

Somedays, you feel that life couldn't get worse.
Sometimes, you just want to know everything is going to be okay.
And there's always that weird item or smell that makes you feel a million times better.

I've finally figured out what makes me feel better:

The fragrance of freshly brewed coffee.
Walking into a coffee shop is my idea of heaven.

Eating dark chocolate.
Apparently chocolate contains some chemical that is produced when a person is in love, making them exceedingly happy.
That's probably why I have such a love affair with dark chocolate.
(This is making me sound like some depressed, hormonal teenager with a hopeless addiction to chocolate. I can assure that that is incorrect.)

The smell of new books and magazines.
I'm that weird person you see in bookshops who just stand there smelling the place. It looks bizarre, but it puts me at ease.

The smell and sight of food!
I admit that not every single type of food looks and smells utterly delicious, but most do. And coming home from a long day at school to the smell of dinner makes everything better.
Oh, and the food that smells the best, is pizza.
Now THAT is comforting.

The sea.
The fresh air, the salt, the freedom.
All the stress just disappears.
Like magic.

Storms.
When you're inside, it's cozy.
When you're outside, it makes you feel alive.
Either way, I love them.

Fires.
I sound like a pyromaniac.
But, don't worry, I only like them when they're small.

Nature in general.
The smell of it.
The sound of it.
The sight of it.
Everything.

Roadtrips.
They're cramped, yet cozy.
They're long, yet short.
There's something about them that I just love.
I just haven't figured it out yet.

And hugs.
Nothing beats the feeling of affection.
Enough said.

No comments:

Post a Comment