Monday, January 31, 2011

The Art of Describing Food

Today's school lunch:
Diced potatoes, pounded into soggy circular patties that have then been drowned in a appetizing pool of oil accompanied with cubes of bacon and fat coated in a thin film of oily perspiration.

Appetizing? Hell yes.

Fun fact for today:
I'm a huge fan of describing food! Reading about well-described food in books can mostly cause me to become insanely hungry, but sometimes it becomes my alternative to eating. Take the Harry Potter books for example. Those feasts sound absolutely marvellous, and most of the time, I actually feel a part of them while they last in the book. I even feel full sometimes! That's the beauty of adjectives. 
Although I don't have the slightest clue of what I'd like to be when I grow up, I think copywriter has always been on the list of potential jobs. Imagine that. I may never have to eat again! (Just kidding. I'm also a huge fan of food itself. There is no way that I am ever going to stop eating.)
But as you've probably figured out, I am not a fan of school food. I've always been a bit of a spoiled brat when it comes to food since my mum is a splendid chef.

Oh gosh. Now I'm hungry again. Time to raid the fridge... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment